Sales & Fitness Co-ordinator Vacancy
Fri, 11 Oct 2019 00:00
SALARY: £9.05 per hour plus bonus package
DURATION: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
HOURS: Circa 17 hours per week *
Draycott Sports Centre Ltd was founded in 1972 and is owned by its members and often known as Draycott Racquet & Fitness Club.
Our great facilities include a gym, indoor and outdoor tennis, squash, badminton and great social facilities including a function room. We offer tennis coaching for juniors and adults plus numerous fitness classes.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As the Sales & Fitness Co-coordinator you will be responsible for driving membership growth and income, expanding a fitness programme and ensuring excellent customer service.
- To actively find ways to generate additional income for the club.
- To implement a marketing campaign to raise awareness of the club.
- To find new local partners including sponsors and community groups.
- To work with the Function & Office Co-ordinator to run regular and successful functions including children’s parties, birthday parties, wedding receptions and Christenings.
- To develop and implement plans to grow the fitness and studio programme based on industry trends and member feedback.
- To work with the Fitness Instructor to ensure new members are provided with inductions and programmes.
- To introduce an online booking process for fitness classes.
- To manage the Fitness Instructor and other staff as required.
- To co-ordinate a team of self-employed fitness instructors ensuring high quality delivery of all sessions.
- To manage the studio timetable including promotion and monitoring of class sizes.
- To provide outstanding customer service to all members and visitors, responding quickly and friendly.
- To work with the Directors and Function & Office Co-ordinator to develop a strategy to grow the number of members and visitors.
- To provide all new members with an excellent welcome and induction.
- To promote and co-ordinate sporting activities as required.
- To ensure health and safety requirements at the club meet the required standards.
- To support with holiday cover and the general operations of the club as required.
- Qualifications related to the role such as Fitness Classes/Personal Training and/or Operations Management.
- Very good IT and keyboard skills and knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and effective use of the internet.
- A satisfactory DBS disclosure.
- Strong organisational and operational skills.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role.
- Experience of flexible working with ability to vary work patterns and prioritise tasks.
- Knowledge of the sports or fitness industry.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of health and safety.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to engage with and build relationships with members and visitors.
- Positive and hard-working attitude with a can do mentality.
- Motivated to work independently and exceed the targets set up for you.
* Standard shifts are 9am to 4pm, 4pm to 6.30pm and 6.30pm to 10pm. The successful candidate would be required to do 2-4 shifts per week to be agreed.